Wine, Gourmet & Scenic Tour of Beautiful New Zealand
Two Fabulous Two-Week Tours!
Tour 1: October 20th – November 2nd 2016
Tour 2: November 3rd – November 16th 2016
This year The WineSellar & Brasserie has organized two fabulous, two-week tours through some of New Zealand's ten famous wine regions including both the North and South Island. It is sure to give you an insight into the workings of the wine industry in New Zealand. We have cherry-picked the best wineries, restaurants, activities and events in each region. New Zealand is a “hot” destination additionally famous for its outstanding scenery…the itinerary naturally offers amazing and unforgettable experiences on both islands.
We have developed an exciting itinerary of many great wineries, adventures, culinary and cultural experiences, including some wineries that are not to be missed! For your comfort, enjoyment, and pleasure, we have also chosen some charming, special, and lovely hotels for our tour.
Please note that the second tour is a bit more as this tour begins at the start of New Zealand’s high season. It’s the beginning of their summer season.
Tour 1: October 20th – November 2nd (starts in Auckland and ends in Queenstown)
Pre-season rate: $6950 p/p (Single Supplement $995)
Tour 2: November 3rd – November 16th (starts in Queenstown and ends in Auckland)
In-season rate: $7360 p/p (Single Supplement $1050)
As New Zealand is a very special place and land, and though the wines are a big part of New Zealand, we have also included an array of exciting activities. Here are many of the things that we are included in the tour:
- Visiting, tasting, and dining at some of New Zealand’s finest wineries
- Gourmet lunches and dinners with wine
- Picnic lunches in scenic locations
- Maori culture - the Maoris are New Zealand's indigenous people
- A visit to New Zealand's national museum, Te Papa in the capital of Wellington
- A day and a half in the “World’s Cutest Little Capital” Wellington (looks & feels like a little San Francisco!)
- Scenic walks/hikes, easy to moderate (if interested :-)
- Unique and world famous Art Deco architecture
- Gold history
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Tasting the famous Schoc Chocolate
- A visit to a real tea plantation where we enjoy high tea and enjoy world class teas
- Stops in and free time in artisan towns filled with local charm
- Sightseeing … how can you resist in stunning beautiful New Zealand?!
- A jet boating trip with “infamous skippers” who shares the history of the land on the fun and thrilling ride
- Guided tours explaining the country's unique flora, fauna, and NZ’s unique bird life
- A visit to the famous “World of Wearable Art and Vintage Car Museum” in sunny Nelson (Really unique and fun)
- A spectacular scenic flight over the incredibly beautiful Southern Alps – to the famous Milford Sound (which you may recognize if you have watched the Sir Peter Jackson's Lord of The Rings trilogy or his three movies about The Hobbit.) Then we board a boat and cruise the Milford sound before flying back over other beautiful parts of the Fiordland National Park, including, glaciers, waterfalls, etc…..
- Accommodations for 13 nights
- Coach and Shuttle services
- Breakfast each morning (with either lunch and/or dinner daily)
- 9 Lunches including fine wines
- 7 Dinners including fine wines
- Domestic flights within New Zealand
- Activities and excursions including entry fees to all activities on itinerary
- Printed “hand out” materials to the guests with maps, information on “Where to go, what to do, restaurants” when we have free time
- Hotel porterage where applicable (max two bags per person)
- Taxes - GST (Which is NZ’s VAT like Europe has)
Does Not Include:
- Travel to and from New Zealand
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities to driver & guide, at discretion of each person
- Pre-registration of rooms or late check-outs (can be organized)
We look forward to welcoming you on these stunning adventures, showcasing some of New Zealand's top wineries and restaurants, as well as inviting you into their rich culture and some of the world's most amazing scenery. Because these are small group tours, space is filling-up fast. So call or contact Lori Parker today for more itinerary details and pricing. We are thrilled with the itinerary and think you will be too!
858.450.9557 or Lparker@winesellar.us
Lori & Gary Parker